at St. Martin in the wall church
performed by Cricket&Snail
Enjoy a pleasant evening concert right in the heart of Prague performed by accordion and violin duo Cricket&Snail (CZ/USA).
Lucie and James Carlson are professional musicians, who compose and play music of many genres - classical, music from the beginning of 20th century or folk music of differnet cultures. You will be taken to many different places around the world - a french café, the scene of an opera, irish festival or a jewish wedding.
Cricket&Snail has already recorded four albums - It Takes Two (2010), Dance to Your Shadow (2011), At the Theater (2012) and Street Symphonies (2015). All four CD’s will be available for purchase before and after each concert.
- James Carlson - Valse Antique
- Traditional Irish - Wexford Carol
- W.A. Mozart - Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550: I. Allegro molto (“The Klezmer”)
- Traditional Irish - Sans Day Carol
- Lucie Carlson - Song About Joy
- Abraham Goldfaden - Rozhinkes Mit Mandlen
- James Carlson - Lukie’s Dance
- James Carlson - There Is No Rose
- Traditional Hebridean - Dance to Your Shadow
- Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92: II. Allegretto (as a tango!)
- Traditional Gaelic - I Sing of Night in Bethlem
- Traditional Hassidic - Az der Rebbe Zingt
St. Martin in the wall church is originally a romanesque church in the Old Town. It was built between years 1178 and 1187 in the former settlement Újezd and after the year 1350 the church was reconstructed in Gothic style. The south wall of the church adjoined the Old Town city walls, hence the name Martin in the wall. As a well preserved work of medieval architecture, the church stands as a remembrance of romanesque and gothic styles as well as czech reformation. Nowadays the church is used by the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren.
Concerts will take place
7. 12. 2018
27. 12. 2018
4. 1. 2019
11. 1. 2019
Available on concert day from 10:00 at St. Martin in the wall
Single price 450 CZK / 18 EUR
Reservations on email@example.com